Monday 1 January 2018

A note about photo submissions to the blog:

First, let me say how much I appreciate getting good photos of walks for the blog.  The visuals from a walk are a terrific record for people wanting to reminisce or potential walkers wanting to get an idea of how the Bega Valley Bushwalkers operates.  Special thanks to Jeff Holmes, Mark Oakley, Peter Constable, Robert Lewin, Eric and Di Moon and others for their visual contributions over the past few years.

We've reached a point though where I can only post a limited number of photos for each walk.  There are various reasons, including the fact that for some people with internet accounts that limit their downloads, so many photos on the blog home page uses up too much download data.  For me, it is also time consuming and beginning to use up too much of my own data storage.

A few suggestions to help me out:
  • Please cull your photos before sending them to me - only send your very best shots of a walk or camp.  
  • If you have a lot of photos (say over 10) you'd like to have on the blog, consider storing them somewhere online yourself.  I can easily put a link to your collection so people still have access - you can see how this will look on the post for the Wolgan Valley Camp.   
  • I'd suggest using "Blogger", although other online storage options would probably also work (as long as they don't require membership for people to view them).  Blogger is easy to use and very effective.
  • Alternatively, you could put them into a small movie and upload to YouTube (and send me the link).  I've linked a few of Peter Constable's great videos from YouTube, and they work seamlessly.
I hope this change of plan doesn't deter anyone from taking photos for the blog, that's not my intention.  I just want it to work better.

Cheers,
Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment